If you have kids, I HIGHLY recommend three routines we started 9 months ago. They have become the most important hours of our week. Maybe you already do these. If you do, you know how valuable they are.
1. We started praying together as a family (knowing our big kids would be leaving soon) at 7:15 every morning. “Lord, break our hearts for what breaks Yours. Today, will You bring someone who is hungry to our door? How can we serve You? We are Yours.”
2. It didn’t take long until we started meeting at 7am so we could hear about and support each other in the day to come. We always have a question that honestly has been quite eye opening.
– What are you looking forward to? Today? This week?
– What are you most grateful for?
– What is your favorite memory or memories of all time?
– What do you miss most about Colorado?
– What are you most proud of?
– What would make today PERFECT for you?
– What is your favorite memory of Guatemala?
– What piece of advise would you give to your 13 year old self?
– What is your most treasured possession?
– What is your favorite movie of all time?
– What is your favorite book of all time?
– Name one person who has had a huge impact on your life and tell why.
3. Lastly, we (have done our best to) celebrate Sabbath every Saturday. The littles play in the blow up pool outside or watch movies in their pajamas. Vonda cooks the night before so she doesn’t have to cook on Saturday. We put our phones away for the day. We read. We go for walks. We sit around and talk. We play board games. We watch a sermon online. We aren’t perfect but we are intentional. And I think God sees that.
Gabriel is in Colorado and Ceci is moving back in just a few weeks. This has been so impactful for our family. I only wish we would have started this sooner.
Do you pray daily as a family? Do you celebrate Sabbath? What is your most important family routine or tradition?
All our love,
George and Vonda