There are a few days that hit us the hardest throughout the year. And because Guatemala doesn’t celebrate thanksgiving (obviously), it’s one of those days we really feel the separation.
Here are a few things I’m thankful for:
10. I’m thankful for the little mountain village of El Rosario. I meet and fall in love with new people every day. We can’t wait to live there. We can’t wait to soak ourselves in it’s beauty. We are patient Lord…but please hurry.
9. I’m thankful for our ministry team both here in Guatemala and in Colorado. There are about 20 people on the front lines that are pouring their daily lives into this ministry. WE. LOVE. YOU.
8. I’m thankful for Guatemala. There’s no place on earth I would rather be, than serving Him here.
7. I’m thankful for The United States of America. It’s been a tough political season but I trust God. I prayed for Barack Obama and I will pray for Donald Trump. Until you live outside the palace gates it’s hard to realize how incredible it really is.
6. I’m thankful for our ministry partners! We could not do this without you! There are over 100 of you who go to work, day in and day out, come home tired and continue to financially pour into our (yours and ours) ministry. I am so proud to call you partner and friend. If you don’t quit. I won’t quit.
5. I’m thankful for the gift of adoption. All our paperwork has been turned in and we’re waiting for the final seal of approval.
4. I’m thankful for my granddaughter, baby Cora. My heart aches little one. I miss you the most. (Sorry to everyone else on the planet…just being honest)
3. I’m thankful for my four beautiful kids! THEY ARE GROWING UP SO FAST! How can I be so sad and happy at the same time?
2. I’m thankful for my wife. She makes EVERYTHING in my life better. She is one of God’s greatest blessing to me.
1. I am so thankful I found Jesus. It took over 40 years but, I AM IN LOVE!
Ok. Can I just say, I’m not a big Black Friday fan. I’ve gone out in the middle of the night exactly TWICE. And the second time was to make sure the first time wasn’t as bad as I thought it was. I’m not judging people who LOVE Black Friday. I just don’t have the patience. AND…I’m not a big fan of 10% or even 25% sales. If it’s on sale, GIVE ME A REAL DISCOUNT!
Starting RIGHT NOW…yes, during the parade, during the football game, during the turkey, you can go to our store -> HERE and GET A REAL DISCOUNT! ENTER THE COUPON CODE: 50%OFF
When you buy from our little store you are supporting the single moms that this ministry supports. You are supporting the now 5 little ones who are in our nutrition program. You are supporting our new middle school that opens it’s doors in January. You are supporting the academy that is teaching 76 boys to follow Jesus.
Don’t forget! ENTER THE COUPON CODE: 50%OFF
Yea. I know. CUURRAAAAZY!
Happy Thanksgiving. We love you and we miss you.