George and I have seen a lot of miracles over the past four and a half years. Each morning we make our way downstairs to review where we’ve been and where we’re going, over a cup of coffee. Then we get up and continue to run the race before us… (Hebrews 12:1)We love it when you run alongside us. We NEED you to run alongside us!! Are you ready to continue dreaming big with us?
We’re currently looking forward to perhaps the biggest miracle that our minds can wrap around and we want to invite YOU to be a part of it.
Every week 76 boys are being fed both physically and spiritually at the boys academy. They’re being mentored every day. These boys are growing right before our eyes!
In 2017 EVERYTHING CHANGES. We’re opening the doors to a private middle school on the outskirts of our tiny village. There’s no chamber of commerce, there’s not a single sign that designates it’s location and you can’t find it on Google maps.
Kids in El Rosario don’t have a chance of getting out of their current circumstances without a good education. There are kids who are desperate to learn but don’t have the financial ability to pay for middle school! WHAT???
In January we’re starting with 6 boys and will add 4-5 every year. The boys will begin their day at 7am with bible study and prayer. Their day won’t start until their spiritual tummies have been filled.
We have a Medical ministry that needs a home. Alongside our “Ordinary Nurses” who visit from the states, we have started a nutrition program to help moms give their sweet babies proper nourishment during the critical first 5 years of life. Currently we have 5 little ones in the program. We’re also working with over 20 people in El Rosario with medical needs that stretch from asthma to diabetes to Hepatitis A.
Our need for a clinic is bursting at the seams. This Clinic will help our team of nurses and a Guatemalan doctor facilitate all of this and so much more.
As doors open to the middle school and because the medical ministry has grown so fast, we are now super focused on raising support for the final building phase. Here are some of the raw numbers.
-> $155,000 will include a middle school and library on the main level. It will include a team house for up to 6 people. It will include our apartment style home on the 2nd level so we can finally move to El Rosario. We’ve committed to staying in Guatemala until God tells us differently.
-> $45,000 will build the 2nd level of the first building. We can then move the middle school over and make the lower level a clinic.
We need to raise $200,000. George and I can’t do that alone. We need God to part the Red Sea. And we need you crossing to dry land with us.
How can you help?
1. PRAY that God would open doors. We believe this project has been inspired by the Holy Spirit and we can’t wait to see how it all comes together.
2. SAVE THE DATE and come to one of two events. Before you keep reading, go to your calendar and write “BUILD A CLINIC AND SCHOOL” on Friday night, October 21st at Timberline Windsor/Northern Colorado OR Saturday night, October 22nd at The Elbert County Fairgrounds. Go ahead. Go write it down. 🙂
3. COMMIT TO BRING ONE FRIEND. Listen, if you want to bring a busload of friends that’s great! But what we NEED is for you to come and to bring ONE friend. Doable?
4. We still need live auction and silent auction donations. When we moved to Guatemala we sold EVERYTHING. WE WERE SHOCKED by the things we didn’t even know we had! Go to your basement or to your garage and poke around. Choose 1-2 things to donate to the auction. Message me and I’ll let you know where to deliver them.
What can you expect at the event?
1. Free coffee and dessert in Windsor and an old fashioned Chuck Wagon Dinner in Kiowa! $10 per plate.
2. Huge, fun live auction items.
3. Amazing silent auction items.
4. A ministry update. What all your hard work has done and will be doing here in Guatemala!
Don’t miss this! George is looking forward to seeing you!
At the fundraiser George will be sharing a “State of the Ministry.” He’ll share how lives have been changed over the last 4 years, how God has been glorified and how we are focused on expanding the kingdom.
What we do here in Guatemala cannot happen without you. (Did you read that?) What we do here can’t happen without YOU.
Let us know if you have any questions. George can’t wait to see you in Colorado.