I’m shaking my head as I think about our crazy journey. We’ve seen a lot, we’ve been through a lot and we’d do it all over again. Except maybe sooner.
Two of our birds are standing at the edge of the nest. Their wings are fluttering. They’re singing. And I don’t know if I can take it. I actually don’t know if my heart can take it.
Gabriel is headed to Colorado on Friday, July 17th on a repatriation flight. Repatriation flights are special charter flights organized by governments in order to bring citizens back to their country of origin. What a perfect way to get back to the States after living abroad for 8 years.
Gabe graduated from high school early and started a social media marketing company. When he gets to Colorado, he’ll be acclimating to his home country, growing his business and spending time with friends & family.
He designed a few t-shirts that are for sale HERE. They’re pretty sweet! Check them out.
In January he’ll be starting classes at Bethany Global University, a missionary training college, preparing for his dream to work in an unreached country.
Cecilia has been accepted to Word of Life Bible Institute, a school that emphasizes an “Intensive Bible study”. SHE STARTS IN SEPTEMBER! We’re waiting to see if classes will be on campus or online before we put her on a jet to New York.
I am so damn proud of this girl. She’s been such an important part of this ministry. I’m having a hard time imagining daily life without her. She’s beautiful, she has the most kind heart and she’s a warrior.
We landed in Guatemala on July 12, 2012. THAT IS CRAZY TOWN! After much thought and family discussion, these are our most memorable moments of the last 8 years!
1. Experiencing a major earthquake in 2012. It was 7.4 on the Richter scale. Look it up. That’s NUTS!
3. We had front row seats as God saved Wilson through a complicated heart surgery. Miracle!
4. Getting Cecilia out of Guatemala on a private jet to Children’s hospital. I keep thinking someday I’ll write about it. It’s still too close. Miracle!
5. Moving to El Rosario, September 2016 after driving 2 hours a day for 6 years.
6. Spending a year and a half living with Jeff and Karlie. It felt like we were living out the book of Acts.
7. Climbing the volcano, Acatenango with my wife, spending the night in the crater and then seeing Fuego erupt at sunrise.
8. Campus was covered in ash a year later as Fuego had its most severe volcanic eruption in 45 years.
9. The first day we had a full campus. 18 middle school boys, 80 elementary boys, 6 teachers, 4 staff and an open clinic. Miracle!
10. Adopting our four littles on November 16th LIFE CHANGING. FOR ALL OF US. MAJOR MIRACLE!
(Believe it or not, this is our first family photo since the adoption!)
11. Our first graduating middle school class, October of 2019. Miracle.
I know, I know. There were more than 8. Trust me, it was hard getting it down to 11. Thank you for praying for us. Thank you for walking with us FOR EIGHT YEARS! Can you walk with us for eight more?
All our love,
George and Vonda